The User Details area allows you to manage each user's information, and the settings for each user; such as their contact information, user role, what they can do / view within the main application, email notification settings, and the ability to send scheduled reports of open and overdue jobs for each user.
1. The User Details tab allows you to edit the name, contact details, password, role, access, type, and team association of a particular user:
The Role of the user has the following options to choose from a drop-down:
The Site Access option will allow you to choose specific site access settings for a User:
- "Access all sites" allows the user to access all sites.
- "Access multiple sites" allows you to allocate specific sites that this user can access.
- "Access to one site only" will display a drop-down menu for you to choose from.
- "Access to locations only" will only allow this user to access specific locations.
User Type will let you choose if this user should be associated with a User Type:
(User Types can be set-up / managed in the Settings -> User Types area)
You can also decide if this user should be associated with a particular Team:
(Teams can be set-up / managed in the Settings -> Teams area)
If this user is the main contractor, you can tick this box, and then choose the main contractor from the drop-down (this is a list of of resources that have been set-up as the main contractor in the Resources area):
As a main contractor, this user will be able to add additional resources working for them. They will also be able to manage their qualifications, documents, and other compliance related materials such as the electronic forms.
You can also view other information for a particular user in the User Details view such as open jobs associated to this user, and last activity etc. :
2. The General Settings tab allows you to set the following features for the User:
- Colour Shown on Job List and Calendar For This User - here you can select a colour for this user in order to differentiate between users. A colour picker will appear for you to choose a specific colour if you wish:
- Jobs Can be Assigned to this User - Set if jobs can be assigned to this user.
- Can Assign Jobs - Set if this user can assign jobs, and if so: if they can assign jobs to all users, only to self and their team, or only to self.
- View Assigned and Team Jobs Only - Can only view the jobs assigned to them, and the jobs and requests in their team.
- Quick Complete - Set if this user can complete jobs quickly. They can do this by double clicking on the job status on the Jobs list.
- Authorise Jobs - Can authorise jobs sent for authorisation (In "Need Auth" status).
- Approve but Not Complete Job - If set to yes, user can only approve a job but not complete the job.
- Authorise Requests - Can authorise requests sent for authorisation
- Can View Own Job Requests Only - If set to yes, then cannot see job requests created by other users.
- Can Edit Requests Details Up To Approval - If set to yes, then user can edit job requests up to when it is approved.
- Allow User Confirmation - Allow user on request details page to confirm if work by contractor / resource is done.
- Auto Approve Requests - Requests created by this user can be automatically approved into reactive jobs.
- Can View All Documents - If set to no, then user cannot see documents flagged as private.
- Can View All Job Notes - If set to no, then user cannot see job notes flagged as private.
- Can Edit All Job Notes - If set to yes, then user can edit all notes including the system generated notes.
- Can Reopen and Delete Forms - If set to yes, then user can reopen or delete forms attached to an asset. site. or job.
- Date Format - For example DD/MM/YYYY = UK , MM/DD/YYYY = USA.
- Landing Page - Set what page the user sees when they first login to the application.
- Dashboard View - Set the default dashboard from the library of dashboards; you can toggle between dashboards while on the dashboard page.
3. The Email Settings tab allows you to select the following settings for the User Type emails:
(Go to Settings -> Email Templates to configure the email templates)
- Receive Email When Job Assigned To This User or This User's Team - When a job is assigned to this user then they will receive an email.
- Receive When Job Is Completed and Was Created by This User - When a job is completed, if the user created the job, they will be sent an email.
- Receive Email When Job Is Approved - When a job is approved (and so ready for completion), then they will be sent an email.
- Receive When Job Request Created by Another User - When a job request is created by another user, this user will receive an email. They will also receive a notification.
- Receive Email With Report of Overdue Pending Job Requests - You can receive emails on a regular basis for pending job requests that are overdue.
- Receive Email When Job Request is Approved / Declined and Was created by This User - If this user created a request, then they will receive an email when this request is approved or declined.
- Receive Email When Planned Job is Overdue and is Assigned User for the job - Users assigned to planned jobs will receive an email and notification for overdue planned jobs for a period of days.
- Receive Email When Resource Leaves Task - When a job task (usually from an instructed job) is completed by the resource / contractor, then this user will receive an email if they have access to the job's site.
- Receive Email When Resource Leaves Task - to Assigned User or Team Users Only - When a job task (usually from an instructed job) is completed by the resource / contractor, then this user will receive an email if they are the assigned user.
- Receive Email When User Rejects Work Done on the Job Request Details Page - If a user rejects the work done on the job request details page, then this user will receive an email.
- Receive Contractor Invoice When Invoice Sent and Accrual Reports When Accrual Created - When a contractor invoice is sent to the contractor (only enabled for certain clients - please contact email@example.com for quidance) the user can also receive a copy of the invoice.
- Receive Reminder When Resource Qualification Expires - Qualifications and qualification expiry dates can be set for each resource / contractor. If the date expires then this user can be sent an email, and a notification will also be raised.
- Receive Email When Invoice Declined By Contractor - When a contractor declines / rejects a contractor invoice sent to then (only enabled for certain clients - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for quidance) the user can be sent an email.
- Receive Budget / Contract Alert Notifications - Contracts / budgets can be set in the Finance area. Alert emails and notifications are created if a contract expires or the contract value is close to being exceeded. Choose here if this user will receive these emails and notifications.
- Receive Notification When Site Form Date Expires or Imminent - In Sites -> Site Custom Fields, date fields, such as lease dates, can be set up and notifications can be sent when this date is expired or close to expiry.
- Receive Notification When Resource Adds Note or Document to a Job Task, and this User is the Assigned User
- Receive Email When Time Sheet is Submitted by Resource
- Receive Email on Forms Submitted With Fails - If set to yes, then user will receive an email when a form is submitted with a fail.
- Receive Email and Notification on Key Job and Task Events - When a key job / task is created, an email and notification will be sent to users associated with the site to which the job / task is created.
- Receive Email When Stock Below Reorder Level - When stock levels are updated and the level falls below the reorder level, an email is sent to the user.
4. The Job Report Settings tab allows you to set the following features for the User reports:
This report will send out an email with a spreadsheet of open jobs and overdue work.
- Enable Scheduled Job Reports - Enable this if you would like to schedule a job report to this user containing a list of open and overdue jobs. This is sent at an interval of your choosing.
- Report Restricted to Assigned Users Only - This only sends jobs for sites the user has access to.
- Last Time Sent - This shows the last date and time a report was sent.
- Next Report Send Date - This shows the next date and time a report is due to be sent out.
- Report Frequency - This specifies how frequently the user will receive a report.
5. The Manager App tab allows you to set this user up as a Manager App user.
To set up a new user, click on the Create Manager App User button, and a pop-up window will ask you to provide a password for this user.
If a user is already set up as a Manager App user, the Manager App tab of the User Details area will allow you to change the password, delete the user, or temporarily disable the user from using the Manager App.
The Manager App tab will also allow you to view / modify other settings such as:
Trackplan Apps Overview
"Manager App" Users
"Resource App" Manager